Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Buying a car

Last December, 3 days before Christmas, I had an car accident. Since then, I have been looking for a SUV. Yes, I am picky. I want a blue SUV.

Leo and I have been online almost everyday. We went to different dealerships and left our information - name, phone, car type, make, model and color. We have not heard a word from any of the dealerships. I guess they don't need the money.

We did test drive one SUV, had a mechanic check it out. There was a clean CarFax. When the mechanics check out the SUV, they could tell that it was in an accident. So much for CarFax.

Please beware. CarFax is not accurate by along shot. Always have a good mechanic check it out before you buy. Needless to say, we did not buy the blue SUV.

Leo and I have been check autotrades.com/cars.com and several other sites. The other day, I found a blue SUV. We called the company. Now, they have 12 different SUVs online for sale. They are on several different websites.

We were told they only have 3 in stock. And not the two we were calling about. We have been checking for almost 4 months and these vehicles were not online until that day. How can a company advertise something they don't have??

Needless to say, I know I have to get something very soon and it probably won't be blue. I didn't think that buying a car would be so much work.

No comments:

Post a Comment