Thursday, June 23, 2011

OMG We got a car!

OMG We got a car. Yes, after six months of trying to find the perfect car, we finally found it. Guess what...It is not blue. It is black. My black beauty. It is a 2008 Mercury Mainer fully loaded. I can't believe some of the options (or geez whiz) stuff that it has. Heated leather seats, 6 cd changer w/MP3 player and Sirrus radio installed if we wish to get that. Auto on/off headlights/keyless entry/moon roof/auto locks/and the other mechanical stuff that Leo was looking for.

I do want to say Wallingford Auto Park was the best. No pressure, the car was clean, they let us take the car for a test drive without anyone but us. There was no dealer telling us how great the car was. We must have spent over an hour checking out everything from the radio to the heated seats.That was hard..it was 83 degrees so I didn't know if it was me or the seat that was hot.

After checking it out the sales guy was nice. Didn't push us (which I like). They said yes to almost everything we told them to fix..all minor but still great customer service.


A quick note. One thing I believe car salesmen forget is Customer Service. Leo and I went to at least 15 different dealerships. Only one, other than Wallingford Auto Park, actually took the time out to help us. I guess they all are rich and don't need the business.


We had out mechanic, Black Bear Auto in Bristol, check the car out. No problems with this car. Excellent shape. But needs a transmission flush. Ok, told the sales person and we have an appointment Monday morning to have that done, on them.

The best part is the lights on the dash at night light up very well and in a very pretty BLUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment